The minor in Computer Science enables students from other departments the opportunity to develop the programming and computational skills for solving problems and analyzing data in their chosen field. Successful completion of the minor may also prepare students for further study in computer science, computer information systems, network management, computer security, data analytics, or informatics.
Required Courses (18 credits):
- CS 245 Introduction to Computer Architecture
- CS 301 Computer Science Fundamentals*
- CS 308 Computer Networks
- CS 315 Introduction to Algorithms**
- CS 335 Introduction to Database Management Systems
- CS 448 Introduction to Computer Security
* With permission of the department, students may be able to elect other computer science course (CS 385 Practical Java Programming).
** With permission of the department, students may be able to elect other math course (MA 310 Discrete Mathematics)
In addition, students are expected to complete one course in Statistics: either BUS 351 , MA 110 , MA 330 , PSY 204 , or PSY 205 , or permission of the department. This course may be fulfilled in their major.