Jan 28, 2023
The Division of Business is pleased to offer to all undergraduates with an earned bachelor’s degree in business from Rivier University the ability to complete their Rivier University Master of Business Administration in just one year through the Rivier 4 + 1 BS/MBA program. The 4 + 1 program is designed for students who earn a Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in business management, finance, marketing, or sport management. You must have earned a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 in order to be considered for the program.
The 4 + 1 MBA program provides a seamless transition from an undergraduate program to the MBA in Management program or its two concentrations that consist of Information Technology Management and Marketing, allowing students to cultivate and strengthen their business acumen and gain the MBA advantage that is sought after in today’s highly competitive, global marketplace.
- Undergraduate applicants must meet the admissions requirements as set forth in both the Rivier University Undergraduate Catalog and the Graduate Studies Catalog.
- Applicants must complete a BS degree prior to entering the fifth-year MBA program.
- Applicants shall have earned a cumulative GPA of at 3.0 by the completion of the senior year in college.
- Each applicant will be interviewed by the Dean of Business or designee to determine candidacy for the five-year program.
- The following information will accompany the degree application form:
- A current undergraduate transcript
- A statement of purpose (international students only)
- One letter of recommendation
- Candidate performance will be reviewed prior to entry into the fifth-year MBA upon completion of the undergraduate degree.
BACHELOR DEGREE REQUIREMENTS (Years 1-4) (minimum 120 credits)
The Bachelor of Science in business program that lead into the 30-credit MBA are listed below. Please refer to the business division section of the catalog.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Business Management
- Bachelor of Science in Finance
- Bachelor of Science in Marketing
GRADUATE MAJOR REQUIREMENTS (Year Five - MBA) (30 credits)
Graduate Core Courses (21 credits)
Graduate courses are located in the Graduate Catalog. Click Graduate Catalog Courses list for detailed course descriptions.
Core Courses (15 credits)
Graduate Business Concentration Electives (9 credits)
Students choose one of the following concentrations: Management, Information Technology Management or Marketing. Students must take three courses from their chosen area of interest.
- BUS Elective 1
- BUS Elective 2
- BUS Elective 3
Information Technology Management
- BUS 651 Leading Projects Through Virtual Environments
- MCS 572 Computer Security
- MCS 610 Database Management Systems
- MCS 616 Data Mining
- BUS 581 Digital Marketing & Analytics
- BUS 680 Sales Management
- BUS 687 Strategic Brand Management
Degree Requirements (minimum 150 credits)
- Minimum 120 Undergraduate credits
- 30 Graduate credits